[Xmca-l] Re: Vera John-Steiner has passed away

Aria Razfar arazfar@uic.edu
Thu Dec 7 14:13:53 PST 2017

Very saddened by this news. May you rest in peace and power Vera. A true trailblazer indeed. Your legacy lives on.

Aria

Aria Razfar

Professor of Education and Linguistics
University of Illinois at Chicago
1040 W. Harrison St. M/C 147
Chicago, IL, 60607

312-413-8373
arazfar@uic.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Robert Lake
Sent: Thursday, December 7, 2017 3:52 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity <xmca-l@mailman.ucsd.edu>
Subject: [Xmca-l] Vera John-Steiner has passed away

Dear XMCA Family,

Our beloved Vera John-Steiner died last night very shortly after she experienced a stroke.
She had posted to this site on 11/25/17.  We will send more information and an obituary as it becomes available.  Attached is the last "letter" from *Constructing a Community of Thought:Letters on the Scholarship, Teaching, and Mentoring of Vera John-Steiner *(2013).
In this piece, we sought to synthesize all the wonderful contributions from so many of her friends, collaborators and students from the book mentioned above.

Warmest condolences to her family and to all her knew and loved her.
*Robert Lake*