[Xmca-l] Re: In Defense of Communism: Legendary composer Mikis Theodorakis blasts anti-communists and anti-Stalin slanderers

Tom Richardson tom.richardson3@googlemail.com
Tue Aug 29 14:10:46 PDT 2017

Hello Ulvi

It will be a help towards understanding your attitude towards the article's
defence of 'Stalinism', if you will provide your own reason(s) for posting
it.

I really wish to acknowledge the lethal horror and inhumanity of the
occupation, post-war /civil war period in Greece (with UK's murderous
intervention),  whose agonies continued, followed by the IMF/ECB torture of
the present.
Nevertheless, as a committed communist whose analysis of the theory and
practice of Soviet Russia after 1925-6 is agonised but complete rejection,
I regret very much to say that I find the actual article a nationalist
diatribe defending an indefensible personality and system.

Tom Richardson
Middlesbrough UK
[a follower of xmca threads and occasional commentator]