[Xmca-l] Fw: Fw: Re: Vygotsky,Marx, & summer reading

‪Haydi Zulfei‬ ‪ haydizulfei@rocketmail.com
Tue Aug 22 11:36:27 PDT 2017

----- Forwarded Message -----
 From: ‪Haydi Zulfei‬ ‪ <haydizulfei@rocketmail.com>
 To: "ablunden@mira.net" <ablunden@mira.net>; "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l@mailman.ucsd.edu>
 Sent: Tuesday, 22 August 2017, 22:40:47
 Subject: Re: [Xmca-l] Fw: Re: Vygotsky,Marx, & summer reading

Thank you for your solemn answering , Andy.

I follow your responses not my questions. I admit too many questions but they are related at least for me.

I have not reached 'moment' in Hegel yet but first it was Wolff-Michael years ago who referred to it on debates and ever since I've got to be clear with it at no cost. If I may ... I would say "each moment IS the whole" might be a little bit faulty ; and it might cross your saying of wholes and parts to David ; being a whole despite containing parts ; you here differentiate between moments and parts yet I do not get the distinction ; I would say if moments and parts are matters of Natures of Phenomena or again it's our 'mind' which creates the problem , ontology/epistemology things! ; is it the case that whatever thing we're talking about , finites vs infinite , determinate being/emptiness/filledness/nothingness/transition/becoming/concepts/notion/ought/actuality vs clock parts , we can talk of wholes and parts?

Could we say parts of a clock are moments of its wholeness ? Surely No. Does its wholeness refer to its functioning as measuring of time ? I would not enter topic of activity. But David's 'uncongealed relations' could be a case in point. Could say phenomena and processes if looked at in their unified oneness , contiguous cosmos/world/universe , are wholes and thencefrom moments in each angle of visioning .

 Right with 'sum of the parts etc. part=component yet 'exclusive' does not work. In the entity or body of the clock , parts/components find a meaning not in their disparity and separateness/discreteness . A matter of 'inclusion' . This takes us right to the Theses in regard to objects not dealt with sensually and the very congealed human relations in 'commodities' .

I wonder if so far 'realm' is elucidated.

Again with permission , if determinate being is 'emptiness' as for Hegel , nothingness also emptiness for him , 'becoming' attained out of their interaction . Am I mistaken with these terms in Hegel. He repeatedly returns to these terms and I cannot understand or imagine such mechanism with 'material' and 'ideal' in Mind. In our previous discussion I talked of Hegel as the Master of Categories and Concepts (Notion) but not of 'matter' as Marx was ; Such argumentation in the body of the Logic puts me in doubt again as to the very small difference you mentioned. I do confirm your sagacity in such matters but the fact is that I really struggle with the complications . Determinate being 'part' of Being as nothing? Being=Notion , not least close to 'matter' ? Actuality part of 'reflection' ? What reflection? Reflection of Nothingness ? I still continue to understand , Andy.

With 'who' I meant types of philosophers . This I should pursue to know myself. I'm still bound to materialism vs idealism as this latter one as taking us to nowhere where nothing is full of everything not the idea emanating from complex matter.

 Thank you ! Whole is a Relative term ! That's it !
Figuring out what IS mediating between actions , as you strongly grasp to it and teach us , is , artefacts as signs . Either I'm erring or artefacts ARE NOT thoughts. Evidence is 'Thinking and Speech' .
Many thanks for this : [Lenin was fully aware of the 'different senses' in which Hegel and Marx used the term "Being" and Lenin generally followed Marx in his usage.]
Today I should repeatedly give my thanks to you , Andy , because I feel so close to you in understanding. Of course Hegel does not stop at criticizing Spinoza maybe because Spinoza is not a man of Notion as he himself is or maybe for some Spinoza is more idealistic than Hegel is . I'd like to quote just one reference in this respect. But it needs another post.
Thank you you were so patient as to be ready and willing to answer my questions . It's very good to learn from others in an appropriate manner. I'll be back to learn more when necessary. Have a sweet good night!
Best wishes
Haydi

P.S.
thought will not apply itself to finding out what is impliedin the Notion, then it can be directed to the world of actuality where suchproportions show themselves to be completely unreal. just because thought is supposed to be superiorto actuality, to dwell apart from it in higher regions and therefore to beitself determined as an ought-to-be, on the one hand, it does not advance to the Notion, and, onthe other hand, it stands in just as untrue a relation to actuality as it doesto the Notion. If, however, an existence contains the Notion not merely asan abstract in-itself, but as an explicit, self-determined totality, asinstinct, life, ideation, etc., then in its own strength it overcomes thelimitation and attains a being beyond it. What, however, the thing-in-itself is in truth, what trulyis in itself, of this logic is the exposition, in which however somethingbetter than an abstraction is understood by 'in-itself', namely, what somethingis in its Notion; but the Notion is concrete within itself, is comprehensiblesimply as Notion, and as determined within itself and the connected whole ofits determinations, is cognisable. the first was only an implicit (ansich seiende) alteration belonging to theinner Notion or rather, since in fact they are directlyconnected, that is in their Notion We must observe the development of this Notion, which manifests itself, however, rather as anentanglement and a contradiction. This contradiction is atonce to be found in the circumstance that the limit, as something's negationreflected into itself, contains ideally in it the moments of something and other, and these,as distinguished moments, are at the same time posited in the sphere ofdeterminate being as really, qualitatively distinct. It is in accordance with this difference of something fromits limit that the line appears as line only outside its limit, the point; theplane as plane outside the line; the solid as solid only outside its limitingsurface. It is primarily this aspect of limit which is seized bypictorial thought — the self-externality of the Notion — and especially, too,in reference to spatial objects. just as one, for example as hundredth, is the limit, butalso the element, of the whole hundred. so that the point, through its Notion, passes out of itselfinto the line, moves in itself and gives rise to the line, and so on, lies in the Notionof limit which is immanent in the something.       From: Andy Blunden <ablunden@mira.net>