[Xmca-l] Vygotsky,Marx, & summer reading

Andy Blunden ablunden@mira.net
Fri Aug 18 19:07:11 PDT 2017

Amazon have it for $38.21:
https://www.amazon.com/Vygotsky-Marx-Toward-Marxist-Psychology/dp/1138244813
which is not too bad.

My chapter is available at
https://www.academia.edu/11387923/ but so far as I can see
other authors have not posted theirs on academia.edu - maybe
elsewhere?

Thank you, Alfredo, for highlighting how I have pointed to 5
different domains in which Vygotsky demonstrated the "method
of analysis by units." To me, it seems useless to identify a
writer's methodological innovations unless you can transport
that methodology to a different context, and pointing to
five applications by Vygotsky himself seemed a good way of
showing how portable the method is. More recently, I used
this method in an approach to political science, taking a
group of people in the room trying to decide on what they
are going to do together as a unit of analysis. Personally,
I think this method has proved very fruitful and original.
How lucky we are to be inheritors of Vygotsky's brilliant
insights, still generally so unknown to the general
scientific audience. What a gift LSV has given us!

But legacies are always problematic. Alfredo, I think you
would be a very good candidate to review this book. Beth?

Andy

Andy Blunden
http://home.mira.net/~andy