[Xmca-l] Re: Our Broken Economy, in One Simple Chart - The New York Times

Peg Griffin Peg.Griffin@att.net
Wed Aug 9 06:42:45 PDT 2017

Not quite sure where the information comes from about Canada, that says "single occupancy residency is now the dominant form of living arrangement."
Here's the recently published data that I have:
http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2016/rt-td/fam-eng.cfm
Selected geographical area: Canada Source: 2016 Census of Population
    One-person households (%)    28.2
    Common-law couples (%)     21.3
    Couples with children (%)    51.1
    Young adults 20 to 34 living with their parents (%)    34.7
And here's an "infographic" page
http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/11-627-m/11-627-m2017024-eng.htm
PG

-----Original Message-----
From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Larry Purss
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2017 8:01 AM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Our Broken Economy, in One Simple Chart - The New York Times

THIS IS DRAMATIC:

This graph captures the depth of the crisis.

The 8 richest people in the world have more wealth than the bottom half of the planet’s population.

Also...
Canada’s latest census also documents that for the first time single occupancy residency is now the dominant form of living arrangement. Only a single person in each apartment or townhouse is now the most prominent living arrangement

Our Broken Economy, in One Simple Chart This chart captures the rise in inequality better than any other chart that I’ve seen.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/08/07/opinion/leonhardt-income-inequality.html?emc=edit_mbe_20170809&nl=morning-briefing-europe&nlid=69072237&te=1
Sent from Mail for Windows 10