[Xmca-l] Re: Communist Party of Turkey: 'There is no legitimacy of political power anymore'

David Kellogg dkellogg60@gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 14:34:46 PDT 2017

Ulvi:

I wonder how many parents have been taught to play piano by their children.
Makes you think that the Suzuki way really is a "Mommy Method"!

When I was a kid growing up in France, we learned a parodistic version of
the Internationale before we learned the real one, and the last verse
always ended with:

"L'internationale sera le genre humain (The Internationale will be the
human race)."

And we would add:

"Et le boudin! (And sausage too!)"

Since we were not yet in middle school, we thought the last line, which we
delivered with a kind of pianistic flourish, was really part of the song.
As Lang Lang shows--we were right. (Thanks, Helena!)

The "huanwei" ending of the Yellow River Concerto (originally a Cantata)
was Xian Xinghai's way of trying to convert a nationalist struggle into an
internationalist one. You can see that the struggle of the Kurds against
Erdogan has that potential. You can see that Erdogan's struggle against the
Kurds does not. From Xian Xinghai's perspective, the TKP position that both
struggles are somehow equivalent makes no sense at all: it is like saying
that the Chinese struggle against Japan is the same as Japan's struggle
against China.

And by the way....

a) In English, if you say that there is no legitimacy any more, that means
that there was legitimacy before. Was there?
b) The TKP admits that the countryside still votes Erdogan, but says there
is "no chance" that his legitimacy will be accepted in the cities. How
about winning over peasants?
c) The statement says that AKP has lost its "capability" to rule. Whistling
in the graveyard!
d) Nothing--nothing whatsoever--about Kurdistan.

David Kellogg
Macquarie University