[Xmca-l] Re: Current takes on the 'later' Vygotsky

lpscholar2@gmail.com lpscholar2@gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 09:18:57 PDT 2017

Greg,
Would this Peircean perspective be consistent with the Alvarez article sent by Alfredo today  contrasting (sequential) ways in early V with (simultaneous) ways in later V

Sent from my Windows 10 phone

From: Greg Thompson
Sent: April 9, 2017 9:06 AM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Current takes on the 'later' Vygotsky

Larry,
The late Vygotsky quote you offered sounds very much like Peirce (P was
critical of "correspondence" theories of semiosis (V's NOT a relation
between sound and thing), and the intrepretant is about the holding of a
particular sign relation in the same way as another (V's unity)). Perhaps
Vygotsky's late turn was from a Saussurean understanding of the sign to a
Peircean one?
-greg

--
Gregory A. Thompson, Ph.D.