[Xmca-l] Fwd: [COGDEVSOC] Faculty Position (Developmental Science) at UMass Amherst

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Thu Sep 22 07:58:34 PDT 2016

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Joonkoo Park* <joonkoo@umass.edu>
Date: Thursday, 22 September 2016
Subject: [COGDEVSOC] Faculty Position (Developmental Science) at UMass
Amherst
To: cogdevsoc@lists.cogdevsoc.org

My apologies. The link to the application website is now corrected in this
new ad.

================================
The *Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences* at the University of
Massachusetts Amherst (http://www.umass.edu/pbs/) invites applications for
a *tenure-track faculty position in its Developmental Science* Division,
starting fall, 2017. We are seeking talented applicants qualified for an
assistant professor position. Under exceptional circumstances, highly
qualified candidates at other ranks may receive consideration.

We seek an outstanding scientist to join our Developmental Science program.
We are expanding a robust multidisciplinary research and training program
that approaches development with an integrative framework incorporating
multiple domains and contexts. Program resources include a new
developmental research center at the UMass Center in Springfield (
http://healthydevelopment.org), and new fMRI facility at UMass Amherst (
https://www.umass.edu/ials/hmrc). Candidates in any area of developmental
psychology will be considered. However, special consideration will be given
to candidates whose research interests create synergies with current
faculty. Research areas could include: affective, social, cognitive, or
cultural neuroscience; familial or cultural underpinnings of development;
genetic or epigenetic processes and developmental trajectories; stress; and
learning processes. For examples of potentially relevant connections, see
the links at the end of this ad. Visit our website (
http://www.umass.edu/pbs/) for more information about the department.

The Developmental Science program and the department are committed to
sustaining a diverse, inclusive community of faculty, students, and staff
with the conviction that such an environment catalyzes learning and
cultivates ethical, informed, and prepared citizens. We are especially
interested in qualified candidates whose research, teaching, and service
reflect engagement with varied perspectives and constituencies.

Applicants must have a Ph.D. in Developmental Psychology or a related
discipline and have a record of innovative research, potential to attract
extramural funding, and strong commitment to undergraduate and graduate
education. Applications should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae,
statements of research interests and teaching philosophy, samples of
representative research papers, and the names of at least three references. *We
will begin reviewing applications on November 7, 2016*, and will continue
until the position is filled. Please submit materials online to:
http://umass.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=76828.

*The University provides an intellectual environment committed to providing
academic excellence and diversity, including mentoring programs for
faculty.  The College and Department are committed to increasing the
diversity of the faculty, student body, and the curriculum.  The University
seeks to increase the diversity of its professoriate, workforce and
undergraduate and graduate student populations because broad diversity is
critical to achieving the University's mission of excellence in education,
research, educational access and service in an increasingly diverse
globalized society. Therefore, in holistically assessing many
qualifications of each applicant of any race or gender we would factor
favorably an individual’s record of conduct that includes students and
colleagues with broadly diverse perspectives, experiences and backgrounds
in educational, research or other work activities. Among other
qualifications, we would also factor favorably experience overcoming or
helping others overcome barriers to an academic career or degree. The
University of Massachusetts Amherst is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer committed to equality in education and employment.
Women and members of minority groups are encouraged to apply.*

Developmental Science Division: http://www.umass.edu/pbs/
research/developmental-science
Other Departmental Research Divisions: http://www.umass.edu/pbs/
research-areas
Center for Research on Families: http://www.umass.edu/family/
Rudd Adoption Research Program: http://www.umass.edu/ruddchair/
University Neuroscience and Behavior program: http://www.umass.edu/neuro/

--

It is the dilemma of psychology to deal as a natural science with an object
that creates history. Ernst Boesch