[Xmca-l] Re: The Big Uneasy - The New Yorker

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Sun Sep 4 12:50:55 PDT 2016

The article about trigger warnings and the changing nature of academic
discourse is certainly relevant to participants in this list, Larry.

I am one of those people who went to Oberlin in the 1950's as a place of
refuge for young people who wanted to be in a college that was
internationally inclusive, a station on the underground railway and leader
in the inclusion of women in higher education.

Which only goes to show that if you live long enough, despite your good
intentions, you are likely to end up on the wrong side of history,
kaleidoscopes being as shifty as they are! (Or as Oberlin appears to be
living/creating it).

Super complicated issues.
mike

--

It is the dilemma of psychology to deal as a natural science with an object
that creates history. Ernst Boesch