[Xmca-l] A Suggestion for Traffic Control:

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Sun Oct 9 10:36:44 PDT 2016

Hi Peter et al --

Thanks for posting the materials for a mini-course on LSV and dekektology,
Peter, and for the notes with the next steps in the contrast between
perceptual and conceptual meaning distinction and its relation to language.

In order to *de*crease the chances that these discussions will lead us away
from Zazza's paper, I suggest that we bracket these two topics for future
continued discussion or link our observations back to a point that Zazza is
trying to make.

To this end, I am going to post a note about other features of the article
that have not yet been discussed and raise another issue of interest in the
article concerning the use of prototyping as a methodology. It seems more
than a little relevant in that regard. Perhaps others have other questions
or observations arising from discussion.

It may take me a while to get a next note posted, so anyone of such a mind
should jump in.
mike

PS- We are living in interesting times even though everyone knows one ought
not too!
Going out to walk my precinct.

--

It is the dilemma of psychology to deal as a natural science with an object
that creates history. Ernst Boesch