[Xmca-l] Re: A New Type of Academic Conference

Mark Chen markchen@u.washington.edu
Wed Oct 5 13:50:50 PDT 2016

Yes!

Not just to save on carbon emissions but hopefully to also make them serve
a greater academic community incl. students and those without any grant
funding or institutional support for travel.

Some of the huge benefit to conferences, however, are the informal
networking that happens outside of regular sessions (ie, in the hallways,
at bars, etc.), so it'd be curious to hear how that is addressed.

mark

--
You see before you *Mark Chen, PhD*. Above his head appears a label that
changes every time you look at it between "*Indie Game Designer*," "*Professor