[Xmca-l] Re: zone of next development

Helen Grimmett helen.grimmett@monash.edu
Thu Nov 24 14:03:27 PST 2016

Hi Shirin,
Elena Kravtsova talks about the Zone of Potential Development which lies beyond the ZPD - all those activities that still lie beyond the child's ability to participate in even with help, but may one day become within their ZPD and then eventually within their Zone of Actual Development. Seeing others participating in those activities and understanding that they are valued by respected others creates the motive for wanting to be able to participate oneself - one day, with help, and then eventually by myself.
Cheers,
Helen