[Xmca-l] Re: Privacy guidelines

Peg Griffin Peg.Griffin@att.net
Sun Nov 6 23:01:17 PST 2016

Sorry, David, seems a bit off.  No insistence on radio silence here.  No plebiscite on sexual predation, either.  You must be thinking of something or someplace else?
PG

-----Original Message-----
From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of David Kellogg
Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2016 11:56 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Privacy guidelines

I got a very interesting post from an xmca correspondent this morning and I am very tempted to share it, but I gather it was sent off list because the correspondent doesn't want to disturb people who are canvasing votes.

With all due respect, Martin. This is an international listserve. Yes, America is one important factor in global life, but for many of us it is by no means a central factor. Even in the USA, the person at the head of a government is one important factor in national life, but for many of us it is by no means a central factor. (I for example voted for a party and a programme and not against a personality--and that was not just because I vote in a state that is safe for Hillary.)

In Seoul, there are a quarter of a million people in the street and Bak Geunhye has probably become the very first dictator in history to record an actual 0% approval rating while still (supposedly) in power (although now there is some question about whether she ever was really in power at all).
For me, this is more pressing than the American plebiscite on sexual predation. But I don't insist that xmca maintain radio silence on other important issues until the South Korean crisis is resolved one way or another.

David Kellogg
Macquarie University