[Xmca-l] Re: Analysis of Gender in early xmca discourse

Tom Richardson tom.richardson3@googlemail.com
Sat Nov 5 04:19:53 PDT 2016

Annalisa - I am a 'lurker' who would like to butt in here on the
possibility/ies of capitalism, in response to your 3 Nov. posting.

A book by Raya Dunayevskaya, "Rosa Luxemburg, Women's Liberation and Marx's
Philosophy of Revolution" has, in chapter III, a concentrated explanation
of 'the fundamental principles' of capitalism's workings.
You used the word 'heretical' about your hypothesising some cure for
capitalism's present inhuman solutions to its problems, as if we face
questions merely of belief and revealed wisdom.
I'm contributing from outside the exciting academic milieu of these  xmca
threads, because , IMO, the analysis which is put forward by writers like
Marx, and following him, Dunayevskaya, has an objective, Marx called it a
'scientific' basis.

It may be that the whole 'jargon' of the piece proves to make it
off-putting, rather than illuminating; if so, I should butt out.

Best
Tom
Middlesbrough UK