[Xmca-l] Re: The genesis of gender(ed) expectations: demand, production, and reproduction (and reversibility)

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Fri Nov 4 16:29:47 PDT 2016

Greg- Briefly.

You are correct when you speculate that about a "high stakes" nature to the
list that some of the old heads on the list might not appreciate."
 Speaking personally, I do not like it in the least.

These discussions were initiated to provide an inter-medium of half baked
ideas that contributors were welcome to bake up if they could, and let
other people know how they did it. It became a medium to provide authors
with rapid feedback on work that invites collective consideration about
pressing problems of mind, culture, and activity. It is a currently a
hybrid of these impulses and projects.

To the extent that it is allowed to become a high stakes shoot out
spectator sport with a rep for being an old man's club it has miserably
failed in its aspirations. Like it or not.

mike