[Xmca-l] Re: Analysis of Gender in early xmca discourse

Robert Lake boblake@georgiasouthern.edu
Fri Nov 4 09:05:30 PDT 2016

Hi Mike, David, Annalisa and Everyone,

Tricia Kress ( U Mass Boston) and I are researching these topics for a book
on social imagination we are writing
so this thread is very timely. I am also thinking about Mark Turner's
notion of "conceptual blending" in connection to "chaining" and associative
reasoning. see   http://markturner.org/blending.html

Could it be that this is in evidence in "preliterate" cultures and predates
"Western" thought a la Plato, Aristotle not to mention  Descartes and the
boys?

This is a sincere, non rhetorical question.

*Robert Lake*

--
Robert Lake  Ed.D.
Associate Professor