[Xmca-l] Re: Fwd: Marriage

Lplarry lpscholar2@gmail.com
Sat May 21 17:38:13 PDT 2016

Another candidate for toxic relations such as contempt may be *cynicism*.
When engaged in *mutually supportive* language and action as complement and compliment seems a good place to begin a journey or a marriage or a return home from estranged lands. And being murually supportive is a good antidote to both  contempt, cynicism.
Larry

Sent from my Windows 10 phone

From: Rod Parker-Rees
Sent: May 21, 2016 2:40 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Fwd: Marriage

Have a good trip Henry

Your post reminded me of Malcolm Gladwell's account (in 'Blink: the power of thinking without thinking') of John Gottman's research which showed that contempt was the most toxic  symptom in arguments between couples. I guess the 'mitsein' is more or less the opposite of contempt - something to aspire to!

All the best,

Rod