[Xmca-l] Re: Imagination;semiotic mediation

Huw Lloyd huw.softdesigns@gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 14:41:47 PDT 2016

On the hopeful assumption that any front cover print-worthy image of the
New Yorker has something of more aesthetic worth than were I left off, the
image is also suggestive, to me, of a cartographic image of the united
states, and perhaps also its division up into areas to be butchered.

http://www.mapsofworld.com/physical-map/maps/usa-physical.jpg

http://www.countryfarm-lifestyles.com/images/cuts-of-meat-pork.png

Still I am not really sure this achieves an aesthetic transmutation of the
"base" and puerile references in the original image into anything other
than a more sober image. Perhaps there's something too about manipulation
and the U.S. as this hand-leviathon:
http://antiwar.com/blog/2014/01/20/fear-and-leviathan.

The main principle driving the trump campaign seems to be "market share" of
media coverage (and consciousness) and perhaps something about "leading"
the narrative into different topics -- seemingly confusing willingness to
comment on anything with openness.

Huw