[Xmca-l] Re: Two worlds, Urie Bronfenbrenner

Greg Thompson greg.a.thompson@gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 13:55:39 PST 2016

Ulvi,
Thanks very much for that opening quote on UB's suggestion for another way
to judge the worth of a society.
The tricky thing here is that I suspect, and this may have been precisely
the reason why UB didn't get snatched up in the red scare days, that
Americans would see their (our) society in this description. Most American
parents would insist that the ridiculous effort that they put into getting
their kids into the top colleges/grad schools and, eventually, jobs is
evidence of how concerned we are for our children.
I also suspect that this wasn't what UB had in mind. Perhaps UB has a few
more words that put a little more teeth to this critique of American
society?
-greg

--
Gregory A. Thompson, Ph.D.