[Xmca-l] Re: Two worlds, Urie Bronfenbrenner

Jonathan Tudge jrtudge@uncg.edu
Fri Mar 11 04:41:41 PST 2016

Dear Ulvi,

Bronfenbrenner wrote a fair number of papers about Soviet child-rearing
practices in the 1960s, as well as papers describing the "mirror image"
(the way Americans see Russians and vice versa).

Even more interesting, from my point of view, is the fact that he wrote in
the 1970s papers in which he argued that American child-rearing efforts
would be significantly improved by incorporating some aspects of Soviet
approaches.

Cheers,

Jon

~~~~~~~~~~~

Jonathan Tudge

Professor
Office: 155 Stone

http://morethanthanks.wp.uncg.edu/

Mailing address:
248 Stone Building
Department of Human Development and Family Studies
PO Box 26170
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro
Greensboro, NC 27402-6170
USA

phone (336) 223-6181
fax   (336) 334-5076