[Xmca-l] Re: Response to Spoilsport: Beyond oppositional dualities indrama in education and dialogic pedagogy to promote learning possibilities

Lplarry lpscholar2@gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 07:59:54 PST 2016

Ana,
In this response the paradigms hinge on the notion of differing chrono/topes.
* community of players (CoPl)
* reality (RC) or ontological
* imagined (IC)

Therefore, the theme of being *cast out* may be playing with a theme of *falling away* or being *cast out* from the garden of Eden as a chronotopic theme.
There seems to be a theme of what dominates *over* what becomes its opposite.
Ana, you suggest both drama and dialogical chronotopes INVOKE OR SUMMON UP imagined worlds. I will add the metaphor that both *capture* or are *captured by* imaginal worlds. This is the *capta* aspect of. Chronotopes.
Now to *be* summoned or invoked or embodied or endowed are polar opposites in your horizon of understanding.
A clear di/vergence of the imaginal and ontological and community of players chronotopes.

I question if BOTH the imaginal AND ontological exist within a relation of con/vergence as primary prior to becoming differentiated into polar opposites.
This version of the imaginal/reality *divide* plays with the notion of *apposition* prior to the forming of polar opposites with one side *capturing* the other side by dominating over the other, placing the other side *under* or relagated to the *shadows*.
The play of the Jewiish *Adamic* world contrasting with the Greek  classical world seems to have a place in this turn taking
Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: "Dr. Ana Marjanovic-Shane" <anamshane@gmail.com>
Sent: ‎2016-‎03-‎01 12:41 AM
To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l@mailman.ucsd.edu>
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Response to Spoilsport: Beyond oppositional dualities indrama in education and dialogic pedagogy to promote learning possibilities

Dear Sue and Brian and all,

First – thanks for taking the time and effort to respond to my paper. I take your response very seriously. I have some questions for clarification and also some more comments regarding what I think is a “paradigmatic difference” – rather than an arbitrary dichotomy between the two approaches to education that I outlined in my paper.

Please see my responses below, between your words - in blue!

Ana