[Xmca-l] Re: The Semiotic Stance.pdf

Ma, James (james.ma@canterbury.ac.uk) james.ma@canterbury.ac.uk
Thu Jun 30 11:24:25 PDT 2016

Many thanks David
James
________________________________
From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu <xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu> on behalf of David H Kirshner <dkirsh@lsu.edu>
Sent: 30 June 2016 19:07:35
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: The Semiotic Stance.pdf

James,
Tony Whitson gives a wonderful exposition of semiotic theory--supported by accessible examples and neat graphics--in this chapter. Some of those examples address your questions about the interpretant. Tony's chapter begins on page 97.
David

https://books.google.com/books?id=w3yRORQocjwC&pg=PA97&lpg=PA97&dq=whitson+%22cognition+as+a+semiosic+process%22&source=bl&ots=a5Eej451uH&sig=7I1LbYsnZGkxTbyaOX5n30WKpr8&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjo-c_JptDNAhXky4MKHaN-At8Q6AEIKzAD#v=onepage&q=whitson%20%22cognition%20as%20a%20semiosic%20process%22&f=false