[Xmca-l] FW: National Youth-At-Risk Journal: New Issue & Call for Submissions/Reviewers

Peter Smagorinsky smago@uga.edu
Tue Jun 14 09:54:22 PDT 2016

A relatively new journal that some might find an outlet for their work:

From: czinskie@georgiasouthern.edu [mailto:czinskie@georgiasouthern.edu] On Behalf Of NYAR Journal
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 12:01 PM
To: NYAR Journal
Subject: National Youth-At-Risk Journal: New Issue & Call for Submissions/Reviewers

Dear Education Faculty,

You are invited to read the recently published Spring 2016 issue of the open-access online National Youth-At-Risk Journal, a publication of the College of Education at Georgia Southern University. Our second issue includes articles on the following topics:
·  Overview of practitioner research including potential to empower practitioners and the youth they serve
·  Origins of multicultural education and advice for White teachers teaching in a diverse setting
·  Use of media products (e.g., videos, comic book) as therapy for adjudicated youth
·  Risk factors for sexual violence during adolescence
For more information, see http://digitalcommons.georgiasouthern.edu/nyar/

We also encourage you to submit manuscripts to the journal on how to reduce harmful risk conditions and promote the well-being of all youth, especially vulnerable youth in schools, families, and communities. For our Fall, 2016 issue, we are seeking articles on all topics related to our journal mission; our Spring, 2017 issue will be a themed issue on "Helping Students and Schools in Poverty." For more information, see http://digitalcommons.georgiasouthern.edu/nyar/policies.html

We are also seeking additional reviewers for the journal, especially individuals with expertise in school counseling, school psychology, educational research/psychology, and physical/mental health. Please contact us at nyarjournal@georgiasouthern.edu<mailto:nyarjournal@georgiasouthern.edu> for more information.

Finally, we encourage you to submit a conference proposal for the 2017 National Youth-At-Risk Conference, March 5–8, in Savannah, Georgia. The proposal submission deadline is August 14, 2016. For more information, see http://digitalcommons.georgiasouthern.edu/nyar_savannah/

Best regards,
Cordelia Zinskie, Editor
National Youth-At-Risk Journal

[Inline image 1]