[Xmca-l] Re: Sad news-- Jerry Bruner has died

Susan Davis s.davis@cqu.edu.au
Mon Jun 6 00:10:46 PDT 2016

Thanks for letting us know Mike and sympathies to those who knew him,

What an incredible contribution Bruner has made, writing on so many
aspects of learning and what it means to be human.

I, like so many, continue to discover new riches in the body of his work.
Amazingly this morning when Mike’s email came through I was re-reading a
piece by Bruner “A Narrative Model of Self-Construction”. Last year I was
also revisiting some of his work when I was researching the Heathcote
Rolling Role book, looking at the ambition and scope of the MACOS program
as a material embodiment of many progressive education and
cultural-historical theoretical tenants.

I would love to see a special edition of MCA and other publications
revisiting his work and its impact, not only in a historical sense, but
also  considering key aspects of his work worth revisiting and
reinterpreting anew.

Kind regards
Sue

Dr Susan Davis
Senior Lecturer | School of Education & the Arts | Higher Education
Division
CQUniversity Australia, Noosa Campus |
PO Box 1128, Qld 4566
P +61 (0)7 5440 7007 | X 547007 | M +61 418 763 428