[Xmca-l] Re: Identity through "experiential texts": Poems and WorksofArt??

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Sat Jul 30 17:33:36 PDT 2016

It is very helpful to have those 10 pictures, Larry. I was having trouble
following the conversation until
they appeared.

I will be interested in hearing your thoughts on "perrezhivanie" and
"social situation of development".
Both contested categories. I attach notice of an upcoming MCA issue on this
topic. It is hitting your screen already at the MCA webite. Presciently
entitled "the pervasiveness of perezhivanie"!!

I'll pass for now on discussion of the politics of  the moment. I think
that your suggestion of *Liquid Modernity *in this connection was
particularly useful, at least for me.

Today a TV stereotypic family of four seen at a table waiting for their
food at a restaurant can all be seen interacting with their social worlds
through their smart phones. I think we are in for liquid emergences of new
categories of the social.

mike

--

It is the dilemma of psychology to deal as a natural science with an object
that creates history. Ernst Boesch