[Xmca-l] Re: Identity through "experiential texts"

Rein Raud rein.raud@tlu.ee
Thu Jul 28 21:45:39 PDT 2016

Dear David,

As to Dennett, a very accessible summary of what he has to say in about 10 pages is to be found in “Intuition Pumps and Other Tools for Thinking <https://books.google.ee/books?id=sicVcPjfPxUC&printsec=frontcover&dq=daniel+dennett&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiykJOj7ZfOAhUE1ywKHYAFBjgQ6AEIIzAA#v=onepage&q=self%20narrative%20gravity&f=false>” (Norton & Co 2013), pp 333ff, “The Self as the Center of Narrative Gravity”. For our book, yes, chapter 1 or perhaps 3 “Performing Selves”, which might come closer to the issue of (social) identity.

With best wishes,

Rein