[Xmca-l] Re: Does anyone remember Genie?

Rod Parker-Rees R.Parker-Rees@plymouth.ac.uk
Fri Jul 15 05:04:54 PDT 2016

It is also important to remember that Genie was not an ideal victim for this sort of 'forbidden experiment' study because she appears to have experienced relatively 'normal' interaction with her mother for the first 9 months of her life.

If your focus is narrowed to language develop.ent this may seem trivial but if your focus is on interaction- it certainly isn't. Apart from anything else, those early Mo the would certainly affect Genie's understanding of what she was then subjected to (her perezhivanie). At least to some degree she is likely to have been able to know what she was missing.

All the best,

Rod