[Xmca-l] Re: Habits (Greek: ethos)

Jonathan Tudge jrtudge@uncg.edu
Mon Jul 11 17:11:01 PDT 2016

Well, here, for what it's worth, is the paper I mentioned (Annalisa
persuaded me that I probably wouldn't be breaking copyright as this forum
is for educational discussions!).  The paper has a narrow focus, on the
development of gratitude rather than on virtues or virtue ethics in
general, but it was very helpful to me to think of gratitude as a virtue,
developing in the way that Annas and other Aristotelians argue, rather than
simply as a positive emotion.

Cheers,

Jon

~~~~~~~~~~~

Jonathan Tudge

Professor
Office: 155 Stone

http://morethanthanks.wp.uncg.edu/

Mailing address:
248 Stone Building
Department of Human Development and Family Studies
PO Box 26170
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro
Greensboro, NC 27402-6170
USA

phone (336) 223-6181
fax   (336) 334-5076