[Xmca-l] Re: Habits (Greek: ethos)

Jonathan Tudge jrtudge@uncg.edu
Mon Jul 11 12:58:04 PDT 2016

Hi, Annalisa,

I think that one reason he's useful is that he was perhaps a
developmentalist at heart.  As I understand it, Aristotle was interested in
what one goes through (the experiences one has, with the help of others) in
order to develop a virtue (or really, to become a virtuous person).

I've been very influenced by the neo-Aristotelian Julia Annas, and her book
Intelligent Virtue (2011), as you'll have seen if you looked at the recent
Human Development paper I mentioned in an earlier post.

Cheers,

Jon

~~~~~~~~~~~

Jonathan Tudge

Professor
Office: 155 Stone

http://morethanthanks.wp.uncg.edu/

Mailing address:
248 Stone Building
Department of Human Development and Family Studies
PO Box 26170
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro
Greensboro, NC 27402-6170
USA

phone (336) 223-6181
fax   (336) 334-5076