[Xmca-l] Re: Habits (Greek: ethos)

R.J.S.Parsons r.j.s.parsons@open.ac.uk
Fri Jul 8 01:38:22 PDT 2016

Sorry, can't keep my hands off this. "Ethos" in Greek is one of those
untranslatable words that bundles up a whole set of concepts without an
equivalent in English. It includes the idea of habits, habitually, but
it is not rght to say it *is* the Greek word for habit.

I'm not against us discussing habits at all; it just awoke the
slumbering classicist in me.

Rob