[Xmca-l] Re: The Semiotic Stance.pdf

Greg Thompson greg.a.thompson@gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 17:27:45 PDT 2016

​Martin,
The place where there feels to be a contradiction is in the idea that
scientific psychology has some kind of privileged location among the
ontologies. This wasn't something that you explicitly said but it seemed to
be inferred (by me!).

I guess we still have a lot of work to do in order to give non-scientific
ontologies their due. Definitely the other half of Latour's project.

And I assume that this all begs the question of the "what for" of
ontologies, i.e., what is a given ontology "for"? I assume that this
matters too.
-greg

​

On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 11:39 PM, Martin John Packer <mpacker@uniandes.edu.co