[Xmca-l] JoLLE Call for Manuscripts: Lived Words and Worlds: Community Engaged Literacies

Peter Smagorinsky smago@uga.edu
Sat Jan 16 12:02:09 PST 2016

                     [cid:image002.png@01D1506E.E2DBB810]
Call for Manuscript Submissions

                                              [cid:image003.jpg@01D1506E.E2DBB810]

JoLLE@UGA is currently accepting submissions to be considered for publication in the Spring 2016 issue, themed Lived Words and Worlds: Community Engaged Literacies, which invites teachers and researchers to examine ways in which communities and literacies inform one another in pedagogy and in scholarship.

JoLLE understands literacies to include not only reading and writing, but other elements such as:

·         the social, cultural and historical contexts of language and literacy learning and teaching;

·         ongoing changes in communication tools and practices in the 21st century; and

·         issues involving first and multiple language acquisition and use, regardless of semiotic systems involved.

Whether you are able to participate in the Winter 2016 conference or not, we invite you to submit your manuscript, book review, and/or work of poetry and art. For all details regarding manuscript submissions, please see our submission guidelines: http://jolle.coe.uga.edu/about/submission-guidelines/

Manuscript submissions & Book Review submissions for our themed spring issue are due by February 21, 2016, 11:59 p.m. EST

Submissions of Poetry and Art for our themed spring issue are due by March 11, 11:59p.m. EST

If you have any questions regarding journal submissions, please contact the JoLLE Principal Editor, Meghan E. Barnes, at jolle@uga.edu<mailto:jolle@uga.edu>.