[Xmca-l] Re: Collective moments and perezhivanie - the Bowie phenomenon

Andy Blunden ablunden@mira.net
Wed Jan 13 19:17:43 PST 2016

Very interesting questions, Sue.
* browse around research on the impact of the death of
Princess Dianna Spencer. In my experience it had an even
greater emotional impact globally.
* Check out the work of Alain Badiou on the Event - not
stuff I like, but there is a lot of discussion around it.
* I think the idea of such moments and the period of their
"overcoming" being instances of collective perezhivanie is
which appropriate. I don't know of anyone looking at just
this angle though.

Andy
*Andy Blunden*
http://home.pacific.net.au/~andy/