[Xmca-l] Re: What is the word

Huw Lloyd huw.softdesigns@gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 17:31:48 PST 2016

Apropos of Bowie's "western tarot" (or divination), this video is about a
savant, Daniel Tammet. The whole documentary is interesting.  However,
there is an interesting parallel between unconscious divination activity
and the kinds of experience Daniel describes during a poker experiment (see
the clip between 28:00 to 31:00).  "But something in my head was telling me
to do that anyway, because of the imagery I was experiencing".

Also of immediate acitivity-historical interest in this footage are the
Japanese children's use of imaginary abaci (soroban).

Best,
Huw