[Xmca-l] Re: Volkelt's diagram (LSV's HMF Vol 4)

Huw Lloyd huw.softdesigns@gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 23:04:07 PST 2016

Thank you, David. That helps to explain a particular aspect that I thought
Vygotsky was overlooking in the narrative, which is that stimuli can not
only signify but also symbolise, i.e. they afford the kind of dynamics you
have elucidated from Volkelt's schema.

I have also noted that the translation of phrases like "instances of a
process" is probably off the mark too.  What is really meant, I believe, is
"instants of a process".  These have two rather different meanings from the
perspective of thinking about processes.

Best,
Huw