[Xmca-l] Looking for lit on experiential learning?

Greg Thompson greg.a.thompson@gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 09:17:40 PST 2016

Folks,
I have a favor to ask:

I have a student who is interested in experiential learning (Kari Kane,
cc'd on this email, so please "reply all" if possible), and we're looking
for a greater breadth of the literature on experiential learning.

So far, we have David Kolb's work on experiential learning and I've pointed
her to some oldie but goodie stuff by Dewey as well as the not quite so
oldie stuff by Cole.

So I'm just wondering if you have suggestions of folks who have done
particularly good work/writing on experiential learning? (doesn't
necessarily have to be from a CHAT perspective, just good work).

Some more details on Kari's research, she is going to be doing an academic
internship at (and eventually shaping her thesis around) work at a
tuition-based school for troubled youth that employs experiential learning
as one of the main pedagogical/therapeutic tools. Kari's eventual interests
are to bring a model like this to her work in low-income communities, but
for now she is focusing on the practice and process of experiential
learning.

Many thanks in advance for your help with this!
-greg

--
Gregory A. Thompson, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor