[Xmca-l] Re: The Measure of a Man

lpscholar2@gmail.com lpscholar2@gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 19:50:01 PST 2016

It does not seem to be on the Canadian netflix site.

Sent from my Windows 10 phone

From: mike cole
Sent: December 15, 2016 12:23 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] The Measure of a Man

Hi Helena --

I have started to watch the movie you recommended for thinking about
neoliberalism and related
issues. It is VERYwell made but it is so painful that I can only bring
myself to watch it in small
doses. From the very opening discussion with the bureaucrat about the logic
of him losing his job and the dead end of retraining for non-existent jobs
is excruciating. And then it gets worse when he starts getting bad
financial advice, and then you learn this is a working class guy with a
family who are each sturdy, decent people with difficult lives in good
times..... and then you see the trailer house they live in and have to
sell........ and its painful.

But so far, its a 10 for quality and dramatic, intellectual value.

Its there on Netflix for me. Are there people who cannot access it
anywhere? It  raises so many
valuable issues.

Just right for the Xmas holidays, to balance the multiple showings of "Its
a wonderful life."