[Xmca-l] Re: Zuckerman's 2016 article and "what wouldaneducationbe?"

White, Phillip Phillip.White@ucdenver.edu
Sat Dec 3 20:56:24 PST 2016

Larry, i have no idea what Foucault means here in the reference you came across.

my regrets,

phillip

________________________________
From: lpscholar2@gmail.com <lpscholar2@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 3, 2016 1:23:03 PM
To: White, Phillip; Alfredo Jornet Gil; eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: RE: [Xmca-l] Re: Zuckerman's 2016 article and "what wouldaneducationbe?"

Phillip,
I recently came across a reference to  Foucault saying that the relational movement back and forth  occurs between (tradition and oblivion). With Mike’s reference to Benjamin’s angel looking back at history   and being blown toward what can feel like oblivion, there is still the image of the angel between.  This movement/transition seems to express powerful currents in which the angel seems transfixed.
Is Foucault saying the answer lies in moving between tradition and oblivion and not becoming transfixed  in either polarity?
Each in the other?
Resuming the Zuckerman focus on (able to learn through learning collaboration).
She is positing the virtue of a teacher whose relation to a learner is to (hold back)  the learner from moving to an end product and refocus on orientating to (the means) necessary for boundary crossing.
The means are intermental. (mitsein).

Sent from my Windows 10 phone