[Xmca-l] Re: 3rd generation activity theory

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Thu Aug 18 10:20:39 PDT 2016

Mark --

I take "third generation activity theory" to involve interactions between
activity systems in addition to the principles you enumerate. Perhaps I am
mistaken. A brief paper by Harry Daniels contains a summary that accords
with my understanding.

It can be confusing to ask for advice on xmca when you get a lot of it form
disparate people!

mike

http://www.bath.ac.uk/research/liw/resources/Models%20and%20principles%20of%20Activity%20Theory.pdf

--

It is the dilemma of psychology to deal as a natural science with an object
that creates history. Ernst Boesch