[Xmca-l] Re: Solids and Liquids/Entities and dynamic flows

HENRY SHONERD hshonerd@gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 11:23:52 PDT 2016

Gente,

 I wonder if the song by the Beatles “Within You and Without You” is as relevant for others as it is for me. Written by George Harrison and part of Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Heart Club Band (1967). The final line is “Life flows on within you and without you.”  There’s a line worthy of the containment paradox. Here’s the whole song:

"We were talking about the space between us all
And the people who hide themselves behind a wall of illusion

Never glimpse the truth, then it's far too late, when they pass away

We were talking about the love we all could share

When we find it, to try our best to hold it there with our love

With our love, we could save the world, if they only knew

Try to realise it's all within yourself

No one else can make you change

And to see you're really only very small

And life flows on within you and without you

We were talking about the love that's gone so cold

And the people who gain the world and lose their soul

They don't know, they can't see, are you one of them?

When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find

Peace of mind is waiting there

And the time will come when you see we're all one

And life flows on within you and without you"

Ah, love! One might say it doesn’t essentialize :) Though the summer of love (1967) turned out to be terminal euphoria :(

Henry