[Xmca-l] Re: Political constructions of self vs political constructions of identity

Christopher Schuck schuckthemonkey@gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 12:10:00 PDT 2016

All these explanations are very helpful - thank you. So then when Rein
writes, "some calculations are less complicated," is this not speaking to
the specifically epistemological priority of our efforts to pin down the
candidates' essences? On what basis do we decide what is less complicated
in a good way (that allows us to evaluate the candidates in tune with how
they are as people and future presidents) as opposed to a bad way (being so
uncomplicated that you end up missing the truth entirely and/or being
manipulated), and what are the implications of appealing to either
Trump-ity or Trump-ness, respectively? I am trying to parse out the "cash
value" of understanding these candidates in terms of their -ity's rather
than their -ness's.

Sorry if some of this may be redundant.    Chris