[Xmca-l] Re: PDF Document Sociocultural and Feminist Theory_ Mutuality and Relevance.pdf

Greg Thompson greg.a.thompson@gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 07:51:48 PDT 2016

Thanks for the details Jacob!
Yes, interesting and useful!
Also, is one of the goals of the book to put sociocultural theory in
conversation with these other discourses (queer theory, critical race
theory, feminist theory, etc.)?
The title isn't exactly clear on whether the point is to explicitly put
critical theories in conversation with sociocultural theories or if this is
just a grouping together of these theories to see what they look like
alongside one another (which, of course, implicitly puts them in
conversation withe each other).
(e.g., you might elaborate on what sociocultural theory does for your
argument for advancing queer theory in the learning sciences).
-greg