[Xmca-l] Re: Blackface and Gayface

R.J.S.Parsons r.j.s.parsons@open.ac.uk
Mon Apr 25 17:05:41 PDT 2016

"Food, identity, and culture. Always intertwined never monolithic."

Very true. Over here, until curry and lager came along, the traditional
English meal was fish and chips and a cup of tea. Tea brought here from
India. Chips - which you call fries, only ours are much bigger - brought
here from the Americas. The practice of battering and frying fish
brought here by Jewish refugees from other parts of Europe. And
quintessentially English.

Rob