[Xmca-l] FW: VISTA position announcement with CLS

Peter Smagorinsky smago@uga.edu
Fri Apr 22 09:54:16 PDT 2016

From: Service Learning Discussions [mailto:SERVICE-LEARN@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Paul H. Matthews
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2016 12:12 PM
To: SERVICE-LEARN@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: VISTA position announcement with CLS

Hi all,
The Office of Service-Learning partners with several other organizations with our network of AmeriCorps VISTAs, who provide a year of service to help build capacity, strengthen programs, and fight poverty. Please see below for the position announcement for a VISTA role with UGA's Center for Leadership & Service:

The Center for Leadership and Service at the University of Georgia is seeking a full-year AmeriCorps VISTA member to help advance a partnership with a local mentoring program in Athens, GA that relies heavily on undergraduate volunteers.  Our VISTA will also help build capacity for community engagement programs at UGA, including a leadership development program, a new summer internship program focused on fighting summer learning loss, and our annual non-profit volunteer fair.

The start date is July 22 and the position description is located on the AmeriCorps website<https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=55144&fromSearch=true>.
For more information, please contact:
Kyle Anderson
Senior Coordinator for Campus and Community Outreach
Center for Leadership and Service
University of Georgia
201 Tate Student Center
Athens, GA 30602