[Xmca-l] Re: The manologue

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Fri Apr 22 09:31:34 PDT 2016

Thanks Annalisa for bringing back
​I​
he issue of XMCA as manilogue.
It brought back memory of Eva Ekblad, who gave up on academia and was a
weaver last I heard, and news of Phillip's memory of humping elephants.  It
is all in the archives. 30 years of tangled threads of discourse, data for
the picking.

​Those interested in Eva's discussion, and other views of MCA at different
times in its history, can find the relevant material at ​
http://lchc.ucsd.edu/archives

I am not so sure discussing the communicative behaviors of fellow members
is a hot idea given the ways such discussions tend to reduce to
identifiable individuals whose behavior is subjected to moral evaluation.
​In any event at the sole continuously active participant except for Bruce
Jones (is that true?)
male, white, and elderly I am disabled in such a discussion. No efforts of
mine have been sufficient in this regard. As a first responder, I take
comfort in the fact that the worst Phillip can remember is an "almost
flaming" event. I hope we can keep it that way. If people can figure out to
make this discussion more inclusive, there is no "one" stopping you. It
would certainly be a welcome outcome.

I note in closing how many women have joined any of this discussion.​

​mike​