[Xmca-l] Re: The manologue

Rod Parker-Rees R.Parker-Rees@plymouth.ac.uk
Fri Apr 22 03:41:56 PDT 2016

The eggshells are toughened by shared experience – there are things I know I can say to people who know me but which I would not risk saying to people who don’t.

XMCA is a strange space – I feel I have a bit of a sense of where some contributors are coming from but I am also aware that there is a whole host of people who don’t know me and who can’t be expected to know where I am coming from.

Rod

From: Lplarry [mailto:lpscholar2@gmail.com]
Sent: 22 April 2016 10:47
To: Rod Parker-Rees; eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: RE: [Xmca-l] Re: The manologue

Philip, Annalisa, Rod,

So this turn in the conversation certainly is a rich vein. This focus of joint attention which opened upon an image of collaboration, which Andy says is best understood by imaging the archetype of *marriage*
Now marriage (itself) can be appropriated within 1st, 2nd, and 3rd voice.
I will just add that I can relate to *marriage* as an external phenomena and as Rod says *explain* this archetypal relation as an institutional gestalt. But as Rod highlights there is some quality, some *sense* that is missing within this approach.
I can also reflect self-consciously upon  how I personally experience my *self* orienting within a *marriage*. My way of walking that sometimes feels as if I am walking on eggshells.

However, there is also a third way of expressing the archetype of marriage which is marriage as a dialogue.

Rod, your personal story of the particular work settings as collaborative places adds a depth to understanding your way of approaching this rich vein.
Also interesting that you feel the eggshells cracking under your feet as you give voice to a male perspective on this topic as you *lived through* ways of collaboration unfolding within con/texts pre/dominantly feminine in make up.
Now my question is do you feel eggshells cracking when this topic emerges within your work settings or are the eggshells cracking more specific to this forum?

My turn is up.

Sent from my Windows 10 phone