[Xmca-l] Re: Collaboration

Lplarry lpscholar2@gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 08:11:22 PDT 2016

Greg,
Is it reasonable to say that there are differing discourse patterns that are modulating what we are calling *interruptions*?

The next step of identifying these (actual?) patterns (ways of interrupting) as gendered may be going a step too far.
To back up, do modulating patterns (ways of interrupting) become *actualized* which we can explore as being *motivated?

Sent from my Windows 10 phone

From: Greg Mcverry
Sent: April 21, 2016 7:54 AM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Collaboration

Christopher,

The gendered practice of interruption is wide spread on the web. In
colloquial language the practice is referred to as "mansplaining."

Go to medium.com and search for "mansplaining" for an overview.

If anything the written and more so the networked nature of written
language has made it far worse.

I worry when we try to look for different discourse patterns among
something as socially constructed as gender. I would assume that the
discourses between any two cis-males would be just as different if we were
comparing them to cis-females as well.