[Xmca-l] Re: Agent, Range, and Beneficiary

Martin John Packer mpacker@uniandes.edu.co
Wed Apr 6 14:28:57 PDT 2016

Hi David,

I don’t have to time to take on a serious editing role, but as you know I’ve made good use of your English version of Thinking & Speech, and even sent back to you some suggested edits. I’m not using it in class now, because for better or worse there are Spanish translations. But it continues to be very helpful to my ongoing efforts to surpass the jargon and better understand Vygotsky.

So if you might be willing to share your English intermediate drafts of this text, I would be very interested in reading them. My own understanding of children’s development has been much influenced by Vygotsky’s lectures, but as you note what’s available in English is very limited.

Martin