[Xmca-l] Re: Pozenavatel'naya

Ulvi İçil ulvi.icil@gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 15:18:07 PDT 2015

I am confused about this because what I have from Bodrova's (a Russian) and
Leong's book is as follows, in two instances, where we the term. They are
as follows exactly: (written with Latin alphabet, not Russian as below)

1. The motivation to learn includes accepting the student role,
internalization of standards of performance, and pozenavatel'naya or
enquiry motivation (intellectual curiosity). page 170

2. Children without enquiry motivation, Davydov notes, are primarily
motivated by grades  or by praise from teacher. The word enquiry is the
translation of the Russian word poznavatal'naya and although it is similar
to the Western  idea of intrinsic motivation, it is also different in
emphasis  on learning and interllectual curiosity. page 171

*

So it seems that the concept is used by Davydov, perhaps in Problems of
developmental teaching...Soviet education, 30, 66-79

Ulvi