[Xmca-l] Re: Oliver Sacks/Romantic Science

‪Haydi Zulfei‬ ‪ haydizulfei@rocketmail.com
Sat Sep 5 09:06:06 PDT 2015

Dear Andy,
The reason I came to you was Peg's authority and personality and brilliance of research . Now again I put my problem clearly : I have some supposition to the effect that "All true concepts are both concrete and universal" according to my previous explanation . If I'm mistaken , someone might be kind to justify the point . This is where I was led to during discussions .

P.S. What I wrote you as Marx's evaluation of Feuerbach not being "revolutionary" is at hand but I have some more important thing to say as to clarify what I meant by "fuzzy boundaries" .

I said of ontology as tending towards "external transformable/s [entities] . And you said of plurality of both terms . Now I give more explanation .

By that , I wouldn't have meant just rocks and stones . In this regard , in my personal correspondence I referred you to the wrestling and involvement and therefrom to "man and his world" . That is , man , the world , actions , interactions , processes , relations , relationships , so on so forth . That is , to the extent where man still remains "man" and "his world" remains "his world" . As I understand it , this is the dimension and limits of "ontology" .

But you're talking in a way that one might figure out that it's possible to blend some "matter" with some "idea" and some idea with some matter . This is what I meant by "fuzzy bordering" .

If , as you say , the being of thought (spatially temporally) is something and the knowing of thought something else , the former ontological , the latter , epistemological , then what are the neuronal processes taking place in the brain ? Wouldn't you agree that this latter case might be closer to "ontology" . I say we are either dealing with thought or with the thinking man ; that is they related but distinctive . And it's when we are dealing with the thinking man as "social being" that the problem of being "revolutionary" or "non-revolutionary" or "counter-revolutionary" occurs .

And it's O.K. for us to think over the well-known saying that "behind consciousness is BEING" . Does not this BEING , first of all , mean the Being who is born , who grows , lives , works , uses tools , acts , interacts , wrestles with , involves , gets engaged , enters processes , joins , communicates , socializes , fails , succeeds , dies , etc. ?

Please first go to the first parag in full . Others are deletable .

Best Haydi
      From: Andy Blunden <ablunden@mira.net>
 To: ‪Haydi Zulfei‬ ‪ <haydizulfei@rocketmail.com>; "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l@mailman.ucsd.edu>
 Sent: Saturday, 5 September 2015, 16:47:41
 Subject: Re: [Xmca-l] Re: Oliver Sacks/Romantic Science

 But Haydi, those "fuzzy foggy boundaries" are revolutionary practice! Now you see it now you don't!

 Andy
   *Andy Blunden*
 http://home.pacific.net.au/~andy/

On 5/09/2015 9:15 PM, ‪Haydi Zulfei‬ ‪ wrote:

   Andy,
  Thanks for the explanation !
  A large part of my personal debate was about the theses , the first one in particular and you admitted that you'd seen nothing richer than them . Then , it was not a matter of recent decades , revisions , innovations or the other Marx or Marxes .  To put it simply even today : The table exists and the idea of the table exists . Does creating fuzzy foggy boundaries in between help resolve our problems ? Now , that's not our main point of reference .

  What you're talking about was my Post-Script , an addendum to a major point . Shortly , within our bounds (Vygotsky Marxist School of the Time and beyond) , could we say : "All true concepts are both universal and concrete" ?
  I would not provide support for this because , I think , David Kellog or Mike is able to locate if such a saying exists within Vygotsky's Collected works or some other Vygotskian's . My mind triggers blazingly though it's too old .
  Larry ! I'll read your post again and try to provide an answer . Many thanks !
  Best
  Haydi